PLEASE REVIEW THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. IF YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW, CLICK THE BOX TO ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTERED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION OR THE APPLICATION (“APPLICATION”).
1. This Competition is open to all residents of UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, KSA, Egypt (collectively, the “Territory”), except for all employees or any individual professionally connected to the Unilever Group of Companies (Unilever N.V., Unilever PLC and all companies in which either Unilever N.V. or Unilever PLC directly or indirectly own or control at least fifty percent (50%) of the voting rights exercisable in general shareholders’ meetings or exercise control over the appointment of a majority of the Board of Directors or other controlling management body).
Unilever, Google and MINT Productions FZE employees or members of their families, contractors or agents are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
2. ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER THE COMPETITION.
• To be eligible to enter the Competition, the participant must:
a) Be a citizen or resident of the Territory throughout the duration of this Competition;
b) Be 16 years of age or any other age of legal capacity as per the applicable laws of the Territory to be subject to these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”); with release form from the guardian
c) Provide proof of identity, citizenship and residence in the form reasonably required by Unilever upon request;
d) Use his or her actual personal information upon filling any forms; and
e) Satisfy all legal and security requirements to obtain a visit visa to the country chosen by Unilever.
Unilever reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants. Anyone who has provided any false information will be disqualified.
3. ENTRANCE TO THE COMPETITION AND WINNER (“WINNER”) ANNOUNCEMENT
• The Competition will start in 1st February 2017 (“Start Date”) and will upto 30th April 2017 (“End Date”) (subject to change at Unilever’s discretion) and the period of the Competition will be known as the “Competition Period”.
• Unilever reserves the right to accept the participant or disqualify any participant once accepted. Unilever has also the right to disqualify a Winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the participant has breached these Terms and Conditions. Non compliance with the Terms and Conditions of this Competition will automatically disqualify the Winner from availing the prize (“Prize”).
• In the event that the participant is disqualified from the Competition or is unreachable where the participant is a Winner, Unilever may at its sole discretion decide what to do with the Prize. Any new participant selected in such an event shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
• There will be 1 (one) Winner
• If the Winner is below the required age to enter this Competition, the Prize will be awarded to his or her guardian.
• The Winner will be announced between March and April 2017. The Winner will be contacted via phone, email or mail within 7 (seven) days by the end of April.
• Unilever has an exclusive right to reschedule the date it picks the Winner.
• All decisions of Unilever in relation to the Winner will be final and binding. Unilever shall not engage in any correspondence with the participants in the event of a dispute regarding the Winner.
4. COMPETITION OBJECTIVE.
• To enter the Competition, the participant must, during the Competition Period, log onto the Application on the following URL: [www.forsatychallenge.com].
• Once the competition begins all contestants will be given the chance to visit the competition's microsite www.forsatychallenge.com to subscribe to the competition to stay updated with all the news and subscribe to the Youtube channel to watch all the competition's videos.
• Once challenge 1 is launched, the registration and participation will open for the contestants to upload their videos for the first round of challenges.
• [We need to add more description/instructions as to what will the participants need to do or have in the videos they should upload]
• The Videos uploaded will be filtered and reviewed by Unilever and Mint Productions before being uploaded onto the Youtube channel and the microsite.
• Unilever and Mint Productions will upload 200 videos that will be ready to be voted on and selected by the jury.
• Once participation closes, the votes will begin and the final selection will be by the Jury.
• The first round will shortlist upto 40 participants who will be eligible to join the 2nd challenge.
• Once the 2nd challenge is released the shortlisted participants will be given the time to upload their videos.
• Once submission ends the votes will begin and the final selection will be by the jury.
• The 2nd round will shortlist 10 participants who will be eligible to join the 3rd challenge.
• The shortlisted participants will have the chance to join the Youtube workshop in the UAE.
• Once the 3rd challenge is released the shortlisted participants will be given the time to upload their videos.
• Once submission ends the votes will begin and the final selection will be by the jury.
• The 3rd round will shortlist 3 participants who will be eligible to join the 4th challenge.
• Once the 4th challenge is released the shortlisted participants will be given the time to upload their videos.
• Once submission ends the votes will begin and the final selection will be by the jury.
• The 4th round will announce the final winner.
• Entering the application is considered by itself an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
5. THE PRIZE.
• The Prize is US$30,000 (USD Thirty Thousand) to help the winner launch their Youtube channel and a one year contract with Unilever serving as their brand ambassador, details of the contract to be decided by Unilever
• Prize collection details will be communicated to the Winner. Unilever shall not be responsible or liable for any late, lost, misdirected notification or for the Winner’s unsuccessful efforts to claim the Prize.
• The Prize can be changed or altered by Unilever at any given time at its sole discretion. Unilever reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to provide an alternative prize without prior notice or to change its decision about the Winner.
• The Prize is tax paid, non-negotiable, non-transferable and will not be substituted for cash or assigned to any other person for any reason whatsoever. All Prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the Winner, and Unilever excludes all warranties in connection with the Prize to the extent permitted by law.
• Any taxes (including income and withholding taxes) on a Prize awarded directly to the Winner are the responsibility of the Winner as per the tax laws of the Territory.
6. WINNING CRITERIA FOR THE PRIZE.
• By accepting these Terms and Conditions as indicated above, the participant hereby consents to the publication of his or her name, photograph and biography in any Unilever magazine and/or newspaper.
• Determination of the Winner shall be noted in a document signed by Unilever or its agent/representative. The Winner must provide evidence which, to the reasonable satisfaction of Unilever, demonstrates that he or she is the true Winner, is eligible to enter this Competition and has complied with these Terms and Conditions. To claim the Prize, the Winner must present a valid government-issued ID for identification.
• The Winner agrees to complete and execute any documentation required by Unilever, its representatives and affiliates or anyone on their behalf in order to give effect to their Prize, including but not limited to certificate/affidavit of eligibility, publicity release and travel information and liability release or any other document as requested by Unilever at its sole discretion. Failure by the Winner to return completed documents within the time specified by the relevant requests of Unilever or failure to execute any other obligation specified in the present rules or requests of Unilever may result in disqualification and the Prize being awarded to the next participant chosen.
• The Winner will have five (5) working days to respond to the Prize notification. If there is no reply or confirmation after five (5) days, the Winner will be considered as having forfeited and waiving the Prize and Unilever will have the right to choose an alternative Winner.
7. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS IF THE PRIZE IS A TRIP THAT REQUIRES TRAVELLING
• The Prize shall be forfeited if:
a) The Winner is not available to travel on the dates specified by Unilever;
b) The proper travel documents including visa to the country of destination are not obtained by the Winner by the dates specified by Unilever;
c) Immigration complications arise which prevent the Winner from entering or leaving either the country of residence or the country of destination; or
d) The Winner has not executed any obligations or has not met any requirements under the present rules.
• The Winner is responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas or other required documentation for travel to and from the locations if required.
• The Winner must not have any medical, legal or any other reason that would prevent him or her from receiving or availing the Prize.
• The Winner is responsible for obtaining any travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that he or she may wish to obtain at his or her own expense and hereby acknowledges that Unilever has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
• The Winner is bound by the terms and conditions of all airlines, hotels and other third party service providers used in connection with the Prize.
• Unilever is not responsible if tickets or other documentations are lost, stolen or misplaced by the Winner and will not be replaced, or if booked transportations are missed for any reason.
• All other expenses not stated herein as part of the Prize are the Winner’s sole responsibility.
• Exact dates and locations are subject to change, and are at the sole discretion of Unilever. Travel must be completed on dates specified by Unilever. Actual value of the trip depends on the Winner’s residence or country of origin. Specifications of the Prize package are subject to availability and Unilever’s sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of the trip will be furnished with Prize notification. Other restrictions may apply.
• The following shall not be provided by Unilever:
a) Travel visas or any other travel documents required,
b) Additional baggage weight,
d) Vaccinations where required,
e) Travel insurance and
f) Meals and beverages.
• Failure to comply with the below will result in automatic disqualification to participate
a) Use of violent or inappropriate language
b) Use of violent or culturally inappropriate shots.
c) Promotion of brands other than UL brands (display of non UL logos clearly showing)
d) Political and/or racial content
8. COMPETITION ENTITIES.
• This Competition is administered by Unilever Gulf FZE, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, UAE.
9. LIMITATION TO THE USE OF THE APPLICATION.
• This Competition is developed for the purpose of entertainment, fun, information and communication without any charges to the participants. Unilever will not tolerate the abuse of this Application and the participant will therefore not, and will not, and will not allow any third party to:
• Violate any rights of any person or entity;
• Remove, obscure or change any copyright, trademark, hyperlink or other proprietary rights notices contained within the Application;
• Modify, adapt, disassemble, decompile, translate, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or structure, sequence and/or organization of the Application or any content contained therein;
• Use the Application in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Application, Unilever or any other entity;
• Collect any information about other participants of the Application or interfere with other participant’s enjoyment of the Application in any way;
• Use the Application for any commercial goal;
• Use this website for any illegal, unethical or obscene purposes or any purpose that is not in connection with the objective of the Competition and in line with these Terms and Conditions.
10. USER CONTENT.
• The participant represents and warrants that he or she owns or controls all of the rights to all of the content used by the Application in connection with this Competition.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
• The participant acknowledges that all copyrights, trademarks, logos, and other intellectual property rights in the artwork, graphics, text, video and audio clips and other content on the Competition (“Content”) are owned by Unilever and the participant hereby agree that he or she will not reproduce or otherwise use any such intellectual property rights, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever.
12. FORCE MAJEURE.
• Unilever may cancel, modify or suspend the Competition for causes outside Unilever’s reasonable control or by any force majeure including but not limited to actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared) fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labour dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Unilever’s sole and reasonable control. In the event of termination, Unilever reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine the Winner of the Prize from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received from each country up to time of such action using the judging procedure set forth herein.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Application, including all content therein, is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Unilever does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Application, including all content therein, in terms of its correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Unilever disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Unilever does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information contained within the Application. Unilever does not warrant that the Application or Application’s content or the functions contained in the Application will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Application or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. The participant assumes the entire costs of all necessary servicing, repair and correction. With the exception of gross negligence or intentional act, Unilever shall, under no circumstances including but not limited to negligence, be liable for any damages (including special or consequential damage) that result from the use of, or the inability to use the Application, including any content therein, even if Unilever has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Neither Unilever nor any of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, application developers, advertising and Competition agencies, legal and financial advisors, any and all other companies associated with this Competition or any of Unilever’s respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, licensees, licensors and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury, loss or damage suffered or sustained (even caused by negligence) in connection with accepting or using the Prize or participating in this Competition, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, or for any incorrect or inaccurate entry of information, human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failure of any telephone, computer or other network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, or for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, delayed, garbled, incorrect or incomplete Competition activities on the website. Unilever is not responsible for any defected, lost or stolen Prize or the misuse of the Prize.
Each participant accepts the conditions stated in these Terms and Conditions, and agrees to be bound by the decisions of Unilever and warrants that he or she is eligible to participate in this Competition. The participant agrees, except to the extent that any personal injury or death is caused by the Released Parties’ negligence or breach of these Terms and Conditions, that the Released Parties shall not be responsible for any claims, losses, liability, and damages of any kind (including reasonable attorneys fees and expenses) asserted against any of them, incurred, sustained, or arising in connection with the use, acceptance or misuse of any entry material, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or travelling to or from any Competition related activity including without limitation any injury, damage, death, loss, accident to person or property, or from the respective participant’s breach of any agreement or warranty associated with this Competition, including these Terms and Conditions. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Competition is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Unilever and each of their licensees and representatives reserve the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for any such attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The participant will indemnify and hold Unilever and MINT Productions FZE, their subsidiary and affiliate entities and the employees, officers, directors and representatives of each harmless (including costs and attorney’s fees) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of access to or use of the Competition, the violation of the Terms and Conditions, or the infringement of any intellectual property or other proprietary right, by the participant or any third party using the participant’s account. The participant’s obligation under this indemnity may not be offset against any other claim.
All entrants release from, and indemnify Unilever against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of the Prize or participation in this Competition including, but not limited to, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
Unilever reserves the right at its sole discretion, without any prior notice, to suspend, cancel, terminate or modify any feature of the Competition including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use without advance notice and to re-commence the Competition in its sole discretion and upon Terms and Conditions deemed reasonable by Unilever.
• By entering this Competition, each participant agrees that his or her personal data received by Unilever and MINT Productions FZE in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be processed for the purpose of the Competition.
• The Winner of this Competition hereby grants Unilever and its licensees, respective affiliates, Competition partners, and third party marketing entities, at no cost and without the need of any of the Winners authorisation, the unconditional perpetual right and authority to publish and broadcast anywhere in the world at any point in time, for any purpose in association with this Competition and in any publicity and public relations about the Competition and media (including internet sites, mobile, television, radio and press) (“Competition Publicity”); their name, image, photograph, video footage or audio record taken of them (where applicable), biographical data, testimonial, or other likeness and/or Prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof). By entering the Competition, the Winner agrees to appear in all necessary media coverage related to this Competition.
• Unilever hereby confirms that all the services and facilities to be provided to the 10 (ten) shotlisted participants and winners when and if applicable will be provided by an independent travel agency which includes air tickets and hotel accommodation. Unilever will not bear any responsibility in respect thereof following the delivery of the Prize.
• All entries on the www.forsatychallenge.com become the property of Unilever. By entering this Competition, each participant consents to the personal information they submit with their entry being used for the primary purposes of: administering this Competition, passing on information to related entities and to enter into a database for future promotional, marketing and publicity activities of Unilever or the Unilever Group. Unilever regards the security of its personal information as a priority however, cannot guarantee the security of personal information provided.
• By registering your details, the participant agrees that he or she is happy for his or her submitted details to be stored and used by Unilever to keep him or her informed about Unilever promotions, products and news. The participant understands that his or her details will not be passed on or sold to any other third party without his or her prior knowledge and consent.
• This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Youtube. (they are our partners in this competition)The participant is providing his or her information to Unilever who owns the Sunsilk, Pond’s, Lipton and Dove brands and not to Youtube. The information provided will only be used for purposes of this Competition.
• Each participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the participant and Unilever and its affiliates is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the participant’s decision to participate in the Competition does not place Unilever and its affiliates in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the participant’s participation, other than as set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
• By registering and participating in this Competition, the participant accepts that any dispute in relation to their participation in this event will be subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates and the participant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Dubai Courts.
• If any provision of these rules is invalid under the laws, rules or regulations of a particular country, it will only apply to the extent permitted and adjusted as legal to satisfy Unilever’s objectives. In addition, participants are required to abide by the applicable laws, rules and regulations of the participants’ country of residence as they may pertain to participation in this Competition.